Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Twan Munster <t....@emaxx.nl> on 2003/11/04 12:50:21 UTC

JXForms and Java Action class like in XMLForm

> Hi,
>
> I have got a question concerning JXForms. My problem as a
> XMLForm user is that
> I would not like to use js(javascript) files for the flow
> control, I would
> rather prefer the way it was or is in XMLForm. There you
> create a java class
> *Action (and a JavaBean Model) as a class.
> Is there a way of doing creating java classes instead of
> javascript in JXForm.

No, hasn't been implemented yet. But it shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers,
Reinhard

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have to get my old xmlforms working with jxforms. When will actions be implemented?

thnx

Twan

XSP/ESQL escaping

Posted by Anders Forsgren <an...@digitalfarmers.com>.
Hi

I have a problem with escaping when retrieving database data in an xsp
page. For each row in the resultset, the following xml is generated:

<message>
   <subject><esql:get-string column="subject"/></subject>
   <author><esql:get-string column="author"/></author>
   <time><xsp:expr>formatDate(<esql:get-string
column="time"/>)</xsp:expr></time>
column="body"/>)</xsp:expr></body>
</message>

The formatMessage method will replace all line breaks (\n) with the tag
reason. If I replace the \n's with &gt;br/&lt; etc, then it works, so
it's a document structure error obviously, but I don't see why it should
be?.

Also, which is the best way to develop xsp efficiently? I'm using
eclipse/tomcat4/cocoon2.0 on windows, and with this configuration the
requests time out when there is an error in either the code or structure
of the xsp, not easily debugged. Even the not-so-helpful generated code
error pages would be more helpful, but they only show up on rare occasions.

Thanks for any help

Anders

Re: JXForms and Java Action class like in XMLForm

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Twan Munster wrote:
> I have the same problem. I have to get my old xmlforms working with
> jxforms. When will actions be implemented?

Probably never. The "official" Cocoon forms framework will be based upon
Woody. See <http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Woody>.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it

RE: JXForms and Java Action class like in XMLForm

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
I'm sorry to say this but I think none of the Cocoon committer will do
it because we concentrate our efforts on Cocoon Forms (aka Woody) which
overcomes many limitations of JXForms/XMLForms. Of course if somebody
provides a patch it will be added to the JXForms block.

After releasing Cocoon Forms we will deprecate JXForms as well - so if
it is possible for you the best way would be switching to Cocoon Forms
(but be aware that a contract stable release will take another few
months from now).

HTH

--
Reinhard