Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org> on 2023/04/11 08:03:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] cordova-ios patch release

Does anyone have any reason to delay a path release with iOS and NodeJS
related fixes release?
Any outstanding patches to land?

If not, I will start the in the upcoming days.

I would merge this PR [1] and use the 6.2.x [2] branch with the WebView
[3] inspect fix.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/1302
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/tree/6.2.x
[3] https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/1300

Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-ios patch release

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
This fix should also be included
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/1255

And since it's going to be a minor release, we should probably include all
the features too.
I, as a user, would find it very confusing that issues that have been
marked as "fixed" years ago, are not included in the latest release.

Also, note that the "iOS 16.4 not being inspectable" thing, is only a
problem if using Xcode 14.3, I can inspect without problems when using
Xcode 14.1, even on iOS 16.4 and 16.5 beta. So users have a workaround.

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
As a counterpoint I would propose just releasing what we have as 7.0.0.
This would get all of our existing work into developer's hands and reduce
the number of things that could be issues coming in from the field. I think
this would be more agile and more consistent with the modern philosophy of
continuous delivery.

It could be ideal to release both minor and major release versions but I

Posted by Darryl Pogue <dv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
Can’t we do a major release?