Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Andrey Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/23 02:06:38 UTC

Help With map function

Hello,

I have a problem, I can't understand how to write map function that solves my problem:

I have a lot of "documents", each document has type (e.g. item,  user), category and brand. So i have map functions that gives me a list of every document that has type item (that's easy), but how i can get list of all documents that has brand == xxx or category == yyy or even brand==xxx&category=zzz (xxx,yyy,zzz different every time).

Re: Help With map function

Posted by Andrey Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com>.
Javi,

Thanks for answer. As far as i know i can use complex keys (according to couch wiki) my problem was that I didn't understand how to do it. Now my problem is that i can't find way to do "curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/hanh-phuc-sac-dev/_design/staff/_view/all?key=\"cat1\" from my ruby app. I'm planing to use couchrest_model and if i understand coretly when i add "view_by :category" to my class I can use Item.find_by_category('cat1').

Re: Help With map function

Posted by Andrey Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com>.
Well total 3 views: 1) All Items and key is brand
2) All Items and key is category
3) All Items and key is category,brand

Right?

Re: Help With map function