Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Arun <ar...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/08/25 14:04:15 UTC

custom validation

Hi,

  I am about to design a form. When we type something is a text box the same
should be added as a list item in the list box that lies below. The same
value sould be inserted into the database so that it is persisted. I used
html:optionCollection for that part along with dbcp connection pooling. When
the item was already added to the list box, the form should inform the same.
Insted of dooing it by hard coding serverside and client side validations
seperately. I want to do it by extending the validation framework. But I
cant understand Field,ValidatorAction and the API. None of the methods
sounded as if they would be helpfull for in getting the listitems.

        Is it possibel for me to get it done? if so how? Please tell me?
Which book is the best such tasks?

       Thank you all.