Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/21 22:00:13 UTC

Reloading solrconfig.xml

Hi,

What's the best way to dynamically change solrconfig.xml and have the changes take effect?
It looks like one could just regenerate the file and call SolrConfig.initConfig(String file).
Is that the proper/best way to do it?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: Reloading solrconfig.xml

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 9/21/06, Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks, that's actually simpler and it will work for me.
> Since I'm thinking of only changing mergeFactor and friends on the fly, I suppose I'd only need to modify Master's solrconfig.xml.

Is this for testing or something?

I could think of usecases where it might make sense to somehow allow
changing mergeFactor in add requests (complete index builds vs
incremental adds, etc).

-Yonik

Re: Reloading solrconfig.xml

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.