Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Alexis Bernard <al...@wanadoo.fr> on 2003/12/17 10:14:22 UTC

test{1-4}.jsp problem

I have installed WSRP4j and maked it run by launching tunnel and
swingconsumer and it works well but when I try to execute
<http://localhost:8080/wsrptest/jsp/test1.jsp>
http://localhost:8080/wsrptest/jsp/test1.jsp I obtain the following
exception (for all test*.jsp) :

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:358)
      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

cause mère

java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.jsp.jsp.test1_jsp._jspService(test1_jsp.java:78)
      at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:311)
      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

I don't find the reason so if someone has an idea....
Thanks in advance

--
Alexis Bernard

Re: test{1-4}.jsp problem

Posted by Richard Jacob <ja...@apache.org>.
Helder Pinto wrote:

>JSP files that are inside portlet webapps (e.g. wsrptest, in your case) are not
>to be accessed directly. They are processed by the WSRP Provider (Pluto), when
>you make a call to the WSRP Producer for that specific portlet. However, I'm not
>100% sure of what I'm saying.
>
>Helder

Correct, the JSPs obtain the renderRequest/Response and other objects
from the environment.
When you call the JSP directly, the environment is not there and you get
NPEs or similar problems.

Richard

Re: test{1-4}.jsp problem