Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ajan Balakrishnan <AB...@ForestExpress.com> on 2001/10/18 01:04:33 UTC

RE: How to change the default 2 column jetspeed layout to 3 colum n layout

I'm a newbie to jetspeed. My question is when the jetspeed shows it homepage
the url shown is http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/screen/Home  or when
i click the customize link it invokes
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/screen/Customize  url.  Could anybody
please tell me  where these files are loadecated inside jetspeed directories
or is it an alias name to some other directories.

Thanks for the help in advance
Ajan

Re: How to change the default 2 column jetspeed layout to 3 column layout

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
The user's portal configuration files are located in
<jetpeed-home>/WEB-INF/psml/user/<username>... The default jetspeed home
page psml files are located in <jetpeed-home>/WEB-INF/psml/anon/...

Their is not a setting for the default number of columns.  When users
are created, their initial portal configuration is from copied from the
Turbine user, although I expect this to be configurable in the future.

Although the documentation being update, the following may be helpful:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/config_guide.html
  http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/faq.html
  http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/catalog.html

Also this message was CC: to the jetspeed-dev mailing list.  Only post a
message to 1 mailing list. In this case the jetspeed-user was the
appropriate list.

Paul Spencer