Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> on 2006/08/09 14:45:00 UTC

Re: svn commit: r430032 - in /forrest/trunk: plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/ plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/resources/stylesheets/ site-author/

El mié, 09-08-2006 a las 13:29 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> cdupoirieux@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: cdupoirieux
> > Date: Wed Aug  9 03:52:50 2006
> > New Revision: 430032

> > Log:
> > FOR-812 - Remove skniconf dependency
> > Add new properties to manage the project name, Url and the rss language.
> > Add a forrest.properties.xml to site-author to set the project name and URL...
>
> -1
>
> We need to make a release of the plugin hat is compatible with 0.8
> before doing this. The new properties system is not officially included
> in the 0.8 release of Forrest.
>
> Having said that, recently the new config system has been seeing more
> people using it and it seems t work well, within certain limitations.
> Perhaps we should consider including the forrest.properties.xml in the
> 0.8 release. If this were to happen I could lift my -1 on this commit.

I am not sure. The forrest.properties.xml is in 0.8-dev, right? If not
we could not use it at all. Meaning a 0.8 release will automatically
support forrest.properties.xml.

I do not see any issue why the new properties system is not included
"officially". ...and what is the difference anyway? Like said the
0.8-dev supports it.

Further why -1 here and not on the dispatcher that as well is using the
new system.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Tim Williams wrote:
> On 8/9/06, Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> wrote:

>> language.
>> name and URL...
>> >
>> > -1
>> >
>> > We need to make a release of the plugin hat is compatible with 0.8
>> > before doing this. The new properties system is not officially included
>> > in the 0.8 release of Forrest.
>> >
>> > Having said that, recently the new config system has been seeing more
>> > people using it and it seems t work well, within certain limitations.
>> > Perhaps we should consider including the forrest.properties.xml in the
>> > 0.8 release. If this were to happen I could lift my -1 on this commit.
>> >

>> I am not sure. The forrest.properties.xml is in 0.8-dev, right? If not
>> we could not use it at all. Meaning a 0.8 release will automatically
>> support forrest.properties.xml.
>>
>> I do not see any issue why the new properties system is not included
>> "officially". ...and what is the difference anyway? Like said the
>> 0.8-dev supports it.
>

> Not sure.

I have no objections to forrest.properties.xml being in 0.8 now that it
has recieved attention from other devs and therefore the implementation
(or at least the user view of it) should remain fairly stable.

Howeer, someone needs to document it.

>> Further why -1 here and not on the dispatcher that as well is using the
>> new system.
>

> Probably because the dispatcher is still in the whiteboard and thus
> comes with no implied stability assurances.

Precisely.

Ross

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 8/9/06, Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> wrote:
> El mié, 09-08-2006 a las 13:29 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> > cdupoirieux@apache.org wrote:
> > > Author: cdupoirieux
> > > Date: Wed Aug  9 03:52:50 2006
> > > New Revision: 430032

> > > Log:
> > > FOR-812 - Remove skniconf dependency
> > > Add new properties to manage the project name, Url and the rss language.
> > > Add a forrest.properties.xml to site-author to set the project name and URL...
> >
> > -1
> >
> > We need to make a release of the plugin hat is compatible with 0.8
> > before doing this. The new properties system is not officially included
> > in the 0.8 release of Forrest.
> >
> > Having said that, recently the new config system has been seeing more
> > people using it and it seems t work well, within certain limitations.
> > Perhaps we should consider including the forrest.properties.xml in the
> > 0.8 release. If this were to happen I could lift my -1 on this commit.
> >

> I am not sure. The forrest.properties.xml is in 0.8-dev, right? If not
> we could not use it at all. Meaning a 0.8 release will automatically
> support forrest.properties.xml.
>
> I do not see any issue why the new properties system is not included
> "officially". ...and what is the difference anyway? Like said the
> 0.8-dev supports it.

Not sure.

> Further why -1 here and not on the dispatcher that as well is using the
> new system.

Probably because the dispatcher is still in the whiteboard and thus
comes with no implied stability assurances.

--tim