Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Bonnie Smith Ries <ri...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/17 00:08:32 UTC

Interested in Contributing

I am a newbie to the community-created software world.  I am not a
programmer, but I have a degree in English from Columbia in New York, and I
fluently speak, read and write Spanish.  I would love to help compose
and/or proofread your English documentation, as well as help minimally with
Spanish translation.  I currently live in Utah, USA.  I look forward to
working on the OO project!

Cordially,

Bonnie Smith Ries

Re: Interested in Contributing

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Bonnie Smith Ries
<ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie to the community-created software world.  I am not a
> programmer, but I have a degree in English from Columbia in New York, and I
> fluently speak, read and write Spanish.  I would love to help compose
> and/or proofread your English documentation, as well as help minimally with
> Spanish translation.  I currently live in Utah, USA.  I look forward to
> working on the OO project!

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for writing and expressing an interest in volunteering with the
Apache OpenOffice project!

We're just starting up an effort to prepare new user documentation for
Apache OpenOffice 4.0, expected before mid-year.   We're currently
outlining the user guides and discussing some technical matters on how
we will do the work. So it is a great time to get involved.   Since
this is an international project, with most volunteers speaking
English as a 2nd or 3rd language, having a strong proofreader is
excellent.  And even with native speakers we need someone to
adjudicate American versus British variations!

I'd urge you to subscribe to our documentation mailing list by sending
an email to doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org.  After sending that
email you will receive a confirmation note.  When you respond to that
note you will then be subscribed to the mailing list.

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.