Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/01 19:21:59 UTC

NOTICE/LICENSE advice

Mentors,

In preparation for release, I wanted to try to get the LICENSE and NOTICE
files looking good.  I read the information i could find on the Apache site
and studied the files of other Apache projects that have done releases and
I can only say that after all that I'm still confused.  I just don't see a
clear pattern for producing these files that I can follow.

Could someone please provide some advice on what is expected here?

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: NOTICE/LICENSE advice

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
Oops - had one other point to make.  Somewhere in our dependency tree, this
gets in there:

http://iharder.sourceforge.net/current/java/base64/

It is licensed under public domain which from what i read is permissible
under apache, but I wasn't sure how to treat it for purpose of
NOTICE/LICENSE.  I added it to NOTICE.  Please correct me if it should be
handled some other way.

Re: NOTICE/LICENSE advice

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
Rob, glad it's looking better.  I'll have to correct that little copy/paste
problem.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Re: NOTICE/LICENSE advice

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Stephen