Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com> on 2002/08/05 23:22:11 UTC

New user; unresolved library issue

	Hello all.

	I have downloaded and compiled the latest src rpms.  When I install, and
configure, and start apache, I get the error:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
dav_xml_get_cdata

	As I compiled all the binaries myself, how could it not find one?  Could
someone offer advice?

	Thanks!

Re: New user; unresolved library issue

Posted by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com>.
neon-0.21.3-2

	Again, I built ALL the binaries myself, so it CAN'T be that one of those
is out-of-date; they are linked against each other.

Posted by Ben Collins <bc...@debian.org>.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/

Re: New user; unresolved library issue

Posted by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com>.
Ummm, don't think that's the case.

rpm -q apache
apache-2.0.40-0.7

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:26:58 -0400

Posted by Ben Collins <bc...@debian.org>.

Posted by Julian Fitzell <ju...@beta4.com>.
Well, _technically_, you said that the RPM "modifies" (not "modified")
the conf file which implies only that it is supposed to, not necessarily
that you checked that it actually succeeded in doing so on your system.

:)

I assume that's why the question was asked.

Julian

--
julian@beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)

Re: New user; unresolved library issue

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com> writes:
> 	There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the directions and the
> config file.  All is worked out now.  It is amazing what 12 ozz. (which is
> the correct abbreviation for ounces) of Scotch will do for ... well,
> something anyway.
>
> 	Perhaps I'll add to the documents and add them back.

That would be *most* welcome! :-)

-K

Re: New user; unresolved library issue

Posted by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com>.
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:46:44 -0700
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 09:00:24PM -0400, Timothy Reaves wrote:
> > 	Now.  How about this?
> > apr_error: #20014, src_err 0 : <Error string not specified yet>
> >   OPTIONS request failed on /subversion/test
> >
> > apr_error: #20014, src_err 0 : <Error string not specified yet>
> >   The OPTIONS status was 301, but expected 200.
>
> Do you have some kind of redirect configured for that URL? The 301 would
> seem to indicate that. Another problem might be that /subversion/test is
> mapped into your filesystem (e.g. an Alias directive, or your docroot
> has a subversion/test/ subdir) and Apache itself is taking over and
> issuing the redirect.
>
> Cheers,
> -g

	Aha! I finally got it!  Thanks for all your help! (sorry for all the
exclamation points!)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: New user; unresolved library issue

Posted by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com>.
On 07 Aug 2002 00:54:45 +0100
Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> wrote:

> Back to your problem, try this
>
> $ nm /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav.so | grep dav_xml_get_cdata
> 0000a130 T dav_xml_get_cdata
>
> The number may be different but don't worry, the "T" is what matters
> as that's your missing symbol.  If you get a "T" then your problem is
> that the mod_dav module is not being loaded.

	O.K., that showed the T.  So I duplicated the line in httpd.conf (I had
the load twice). When I startup now, I get a message about module already
loaded, and it seems to work.  Thanks!

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

> > > The subversion RPM modifies the conf file to do this.
> >
> > Did you check your httpd.conf?  Do you have both lines?  The missing
> > symbol, dav_xml_get_cdata, is part of mod_dav so failure to load that
> > module remains the most likely explanation.
>
> Yes, I checked it.  How else would I have know the RPM modified the file?

I suppose it could tell you when you install it, it's modifying an
existing configuration file after all (but I'm not familar with the
RPM system :-)

Posted by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Posted by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com>.
The subversion RPM modifies the conf file to do this.

On 06 Aug 2002 00:40:45 +0100

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.