Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/08/29 23:32:14 UTC

Question concerning RSS Component?

Here is my understanding of the RssPollingComponent and FeedWriter.

The RssPollingComponent has two abilities:

Poll RSS URL's for new information. These RSS URL's are specified in the
servicemix.xml file as the urlString property.
Takes that new information and puts it on the NMR. In the example, the
destination StreamWriterComponent just prints it to the console. But you can
also modify it to send it to the FeedWriter.

The FeedWriter is responsible for one thing:

It receives MessageExchanges from the NMR and stores the RSS information in
memory (SyndFeed) and writes it to a file.

It appears then that the FeedWriter serves as the repository of RSS
information. Unfortunately we do not see support for RSS Clients (such as
the RssPollingComponent or even clients like RssOwl), to poll for the
FeedWriter data.
Are we missing something? Is there no way to query for that information?

We assume this functionality does not exist. Here is what we want to do. We
would like to use RSS to handle service context (meta-data). So if I have a
Service Provider connected to the NMR, he could send his context to the
FeedWriter. Then anyone with an RSS Client could search for that Service
Providers context.

Thanks, James
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.