Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com> on 2012/07/20 09:28:23 UTC

Error when install jackrabbit-bundle into OSGi container

Hello,

We want to use jackrabbit in the OSGi container (Karaf).  The exception thrown when installed the all-in-one jackrabbit-bundle:

> install -s mvn:org.apache.jackrabbit/jackrabbit-bundle/2.4.2
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "org.apache.jackrabbit.jackrabbit-bundle_2.4.2 [219]" could not
be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: com.ibm.db2.jcc; version="0.0.0"

why com.ibm.db2.jcc is a mandatory import package?

Thanks in advance
Xilai

RE: Error when install jackrabbit-bundle into OSGi container [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com>.
Thanks god someone here!

I know sling ... but IMO,  sling is useful for jackrabbit 1.x,  with jackrabbit 2.x,  it's more OSGi friendly and we tested jackrabbit-api bundle, jackrabbit-jcr-client bundle ... they work fine with OSGi container.
But the all-in-one bundle jackrabbit-bundle don't work.  It is built as a bundle not a jar, so user will naturally use it as a bundle!

From:        XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com>
To:        "users@jackrabbit.apache.org" <us...@jackrabbit.apache.org>
Date:        25/07/2012 12:47 PM
Subject:        RE: Error when install jackrabbit-bundle into OSGi container

Anyone here? If no one give an answer, I will think it as a bug and log a jira issue.

Xilai

Posted by Ro...@ipaustralia.gov.au.

From:   XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com>
To:     "users@jackrabbit.apache.org" <us...@jackrabbit.apache.org>