Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrian Szymczak <ad...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/07 13:45:04 UTC

Re: Assignment about Lucene and Android

Hi Michael,

Thank you for such quick response. I have found this at
https://github.com/lukhnos/mobilelucene at section "Porting Lucene to
Android"

I understand lack of NIO.2 and some libraries but part "Because it's
cumbersome to load Java resources in Android, and combining metadata in JAR
files when DEXing is also a complicated task, I've also made changes to the
SPI loading mechanism in Lucene so that it uses a hard-coded list of
"loaded" classes." is rather hard to understand and some extention would be
much appreciated.

Regards,
Adrian

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
i do not see NIOConnector in main body of android source?
https://source.android.com/source/index.html
but I do see NIOConnector extension availability in googlesource

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/jetty/+/marshmallow-dev/src/java/org/eclipse/jetty/servlet/DefaultServlet.java
Manfred can you confirm NIOConnector capability in Android?

/danke/Martin

From: adrian.dominik.szymczak@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 15:45:04 +0200
Subject: Re: Assignment about Lucene and Android
To: dev@lucene.apache.org

[...]

​​​​Hi,I am ​working on assignment for class at university and ​use marvelous​ project​ I see you are one of main contributors - from what I've determined the most advanced mobile lucene port there is ​https://github.com/lukhnos/mobilelucene In one part I have to explain problems with porting Lucene to Android and foud fragment you've written​ in description of project​:"Because it's cumbersome to load Java resources in Android, and combining metadata in JAR files when DEXing is also a complicated task, I've also made changes to the SPI loading mechanism in Lucene so that it uses a hard-coded list of "loaded" classes.