Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/22 10:58:31 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activemq/util/IOExceptionSupport

Hi:

I'm using AMQ 5.8.0 , on client & server side.

Client side is a web application running on Tomcat 6 and its running ok
Connection transport is in failover mode

"failover:(tcp://broker1:61616?connectionTimeout=3000,tcp://broker2:61617?connectionTimeout=3000)?timeout=5000&startupMaxReconnectAttempts=1&maxReconnectAttempts=1&randomize=false&priorityBackup=false"

On server side, I've changed in broker's configuration file  (
activemq,xml ) the parameter updateClusterClients from "true"  to
"false" and I've restarted it
And from this moment , a lot of error messages are printed in Tomcat's
catalina.out

Information: Illega access: this web application instance was stopped
. Could not load META-INF/services/org/apache/activemq/transport/nio..
      Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Task-708852"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/activemq/util/IOExceptionSupport
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.findTransportFactory(TransportFactory.java:178)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.compositeConnect(TransportFactory.java:89)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport.doReconnect(FailoverTransport.java:986)^C
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport$2.iterate(FailoverTransport.java:143)
        at org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:129)
        at org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:47)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

How is it possible a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/activemq/util/IOExceptionSupport" exception if I didn't
restart Tomcat server ?
Any ideas ?

Thanks and regards

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activemq/util/IOExceptionSupport

Posted by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com>.

> So I would suggest that you check your classpath for the ActiveMQ dependencies and make sure that you don't have a < 5.8 version lingering somewhere.

Thanks Timothy
But I guess that isn't not the problem .
I've checked for other AMQ versions and there is not any more.

The problem happened just when I restarted the AMQ server , not when
web application was deployed
Honestly, I don't know what happened.

Posted by Timothy Creswick <Ti...@vorboss.com>.
> How is it possible a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/activemq/util/IOExceptionSupport" exception if I didn't
> restart Tomcat server ?
> Any ideas ?

This sounds like you have a JAR / library conflict somewhere.

Specifically, the class that you mention (IOExceptionSupport) was moved from the 'core' package to the 'client' package in this commit: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commitdiff;h=9a8f6e415db43a4e43ad42a87b3617b3641aa07d

Which I think was part of the 5.8.0 release (http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-580-release.html).

Specifically, that release includes the comment "New modules may effect your maven pom dependencies activemq-core has been replaced with activemq-client and activemq-broker. The various message stores have their own activemq-xx-store module."

So I would suggest that you check your classpath for the ActiveMQ dependencies and make sure that you don't have a < 5.8 version lingering somewhere.

Hope that helps