Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by MrRothstein <mr...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/21 19:59:56 UTC

Maven release:prepare problem for multimodule prject

I have a maven project with sub-modules:
Parent Project
|->SM ServiceUnit 1
|->SM ServiceUnit 2
|->SM ServiceAssembly (Packages ServiceUnits 1 and 2)

I'm running into a dependency issue when running "mvn release:prepare"
ServiceAssembly module fails because it cant find released versions of the
service units. The module list in the parent project specifies service
assembly last.
Is there anyway to get it to not check the dependency during the prepare
phase?

Environment:
ServiceMix: 3.2.1
Maven: 2.0.8
JDK: 1.5

Thanks

Re: Maven release:prepare problem for multimodule prject

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

You can always run a 'mvn install' manually and re-run 'mvn release:prepare'
afterwards, but if you want to automate the process, you can add install to
the list of goals to be run during release preparation.  Have a look at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/examples/run-goals-before-commit.html
for more info.

Regards,

Gert

MrRothstein wrote:

> I have a maven project with sub-modules:
> Parent Project
> |->SM ServiceUnit 1
> |->SM ServiceUnit 2
> |->SM ServiceAssembly (Packages ServiceUnits 1 and 2)
>
> I'm running into a dependency issue when running "mvn release:prepare"
> ServiceAssembly module fails because it cant find released versions of the
> service units. The module list in the parent project specifies service
> assembly last.
> Is there anyway to get it to not check the dependency during the prepare
> phase?
>
> Environment:
> ServiceMix: 3.2.1
> Maven: 2.0.8