Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/15 21:17:02 UTC

[JCS] any release planned?

Hi guys,

just wanted to get in touch with you to know if a release is planned and if
not how we can plan it.

For the background: we got some tomee users requesting it (
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/JCS-beta-2-bug-td4680745.html).

I'll be quite short this year since I'm trying to work/release meecrowave
@openwebbeans already but would be great to enable tomee to upgrade soon.
If nobody can I can give it a try next year mid january probably.

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: [JCS] any release planned?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me Thomas. Let me know if I can help on small tasks.

Le 17 déc. 2016 12:23, "Thomas Vandahl" <tv...@apache.org> a écrit :

On 15.12.16 22:17, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> just wanted to get in touch with you to know if a release is planned and
if
> not how we can plan it.
>
> For the background: we got some tomee users requesting it (
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/JCS-beta-2-bug-td4680745.html).
>
> I'll be quite short this year since I'm trying to work/release meecrowave
> @openwebbeans already but would be great to enable tomee to upgrade soon.
> If nobody can I can give it a try next year mid january probably.
>
> wdyt?

The question is what else needs to be done before a release. There are a
couple of map and list implementations under the hood that I consider
sub-optimal. However, they currently do their job and I am generally
satisfied with performance and stability.

If we don't get into the API discussion again, I have no problems
releasing the current trunk as 2.0. Nevertheless, I hereby already
announce that the next bigger steps to 2.x *will* replace, remove and
modify core classes of JCS. (I promise that the public API will remain
stable)

If that is ok with you, I'll see what I can achieve over the holidays.

Bye, Thomas

Re: [JCS] any release planned?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Re: [JCS] any release planned?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I can't speak to the stability of the API for a 2.0 release, but I am sure
you are welcome to cut a 2.0-beta3 pretty much anytime.

Gary

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> just wanted to get in touch with you to know if a release is planned and if
> not how we can plan it.
>
> For the background: we got some tomee users requesting it (
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/JCS-beta-2-bug-td4680745.html).
>
> I'll be quite short this year since I'm trying to work/release meecrowave
> @openwebbeans already but would be great to enable tomee to upgrade soon.
> If nobody can I can give it a try next year mid january probably.
>
> wdyt?
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> rmannibucau> |

JUnit in Action, Second Edition