Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "P. Guethlein" <pe...@deltronix.com> on 2014/06/13 03:03:06 UTC

[users] Case Insensitive URL

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS  Apache 2.2.22

I need to add case insensitive URL's to my server.

http://www.example.com/PUBLIC/Something.html

is the same as

http://www.example.com/public/something.html

If the html calls an image with the html code, I need that url also
to be case insensitive.

Can't seem to be able to do this.

Tried the speling module with "Checkspelling On"  and "CheckCaseOnly
On" both in the .conf file for the site and the .htaccess file, tried
difference mod_rewrite settings from the web, etc.  and lots of other
options. Tried ciopfs. Seems this should be easier yet nothing seems to work.

Open to suggestions !

-Pete

Re: [users] Case Insensitive URL

Posted by Pankaj Singh <pa...@gmail.com>.
You can use the following code in your .htaccess file;

RewriteEngine on
RewriteMap lower int:tolower
RewriteCond ${lower:%{REQUEST_URI}} -U
RewriteRule [A-Z] ${lower:%{REQUEST_URI}} [R=302,L]