Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sanjay Dwivedi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/20 15:35:30 UTC

Compilation Problems.

Hi all,

I am newbie to geronimo and am building geronimo from source. I get
error while compiling in spec/j2ee-deployment: unable to download
cglib-nodep-HEAD-06-06-05.jar, please try downloading from
http://cglib.sf.net. I downloaded the required jar, but don't know
where to put it, the error message doesn't tell you? Also the latest
jar file is: cglib-nodep-2.1_1.jar, there is no
cglib-nodep-HEAD-06-06-05.jar.

I already tried renaming the cglib-nodep-2.1_1.jar to
cglib-nodep-HEAD-06-06-05.jar and putting in
spec/j2ee-deployment/target directory and
$HOME/.maven/repository/geronimo/spec/j2ee-deplyment.. etc.

This didn't solve the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Sanjay

Re: Compilation Problems.

Posted by Sanjay Dwivedi <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I was using maven 1.0, upgrade to maven 1.0.2 and did maven m:rebuild and it
worked, don't know if it was maven version or just the site started working
today.

Thanks for quick response.

- Sanjay

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Sanjay Dwivedi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am newbie to geronimo and am building geronimo from source. I get
> error while compiling in spec/j2ee-deployment: unable to download
> cglib-nodep-HEAD-06-06-05.jar, please try downloading from
> http://cglib.sf.net.

What Maven version do you use? Make sure it's 1.0.2 and try again.
Perhaps, it could have also been a temporary problem with the http
server (although some reported it too, which I think is Maven related).

$ maven -v
  __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Jacek

Re: Compilation Problems.

Posted by Kristian Köhler <Kr...@gmx.de>.
Hi

you can find the file at:
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/cglib/jars/

After downloading you should copy it to your maven repository
$HOME/.maven/repository/cglib/jars/

Hope this helps

Kristian