Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2006/04/06 05:50:44 UTC

[Notice of intent]: Make Jira auth like SVN

I think this is a fairly unexciting concept, so rather than voting on it
I'll just state that I (or a volunteer(?)) am going to do this and see if
anyone -1s.

As Felipe pointed out, it's a pain in the arse not being a developer for
other Jakarta projects in Jira, given that he can now commit to them. So
the idea is to make the Jira authorization similar to the SVN
authorization (keeping POI separate, and merging the rest into one group).

Will go ahead and get this done no sooner than this coming Sunday.

Anyone know if Bugzilla has the same issue?

Hen

Re: [Notice of intent]: Make Jira auth like SVN

Posted by Felipe Leme <fe...@gmail.com>.
On 4/6/06, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if Bugzilla has the same issue?

I haven't used Bugzilla for a while, but as far as I can remember
(from the taglib days), it's quite the opposite: everyone (and I mean
every bugzilla user, not just jakarta commiters) can do whatever they
wish with the issues....

Re: [Notice of intent]: Make Jira auth like SVN

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Actually -0 for this.  POI is on bugzilla.  I still don't like
commonsificaiton on Jakarta but won't be a
prick about this one.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Ok with me for Velocity.  Seems pretty basic.

WILL

Henri Yandell wrote:

> I've moved Jelly, Velocity, Velocity-Tools, Turbine and HTTPComponents
> to use the Jakarta permissions - which provides various permissions to
> the jakarta-developers group.
>
> Said group is formed from the members of the subproject groups
> mentioned above, along with Hivemind, Cactus and Tapestry.
>
> Hen
>
> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Henri Yandell wrote:
>

>> I think this is a fairly unexciting concept, so rather than voting on
>> it I'll just state that I (or a volunteer(?)) am going to do this and
>> see if anyone -1s.
>>
>> As Felipe pointed out, it's a pain in the arse not being a developer
>> for other Jakarta projects in Jira, given that he can now commit to
>> them. So the idea is to make the Jira authorization similar to the
>> SVN authorization (keeping POI separate, and merging the rest into
>> one group).

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
phone (415) 440-7500 x89
mobile (415) 235-4293
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: [Notice of intent]: Make Jira auth like SVN

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.