Posted to users@camel.apache.org by souciance <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/22 17:57:11 UTC

Re: Consuming messages from hundred of AMQ queues using camel routes builder

Hi Darwish

Do you need to do anythng different with the messages? For example do
you require to implement each customer in a different way? Or is it
just that you can messages from 100s of queues but the routebuilder
logic is the same for all?

Best
Souciance

Posted by Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com>.
Thanks Stevenson suggestion.... I POC it and  the number of routes decreased
dramatically  ... enabling concurrent consumer of that route camel AMQ
component will achieve parallel processing ...

Thanks  again

-----
Othman Darwish
ProgressSoft Corp.

Re: Consuming messages from hundred of AMQ queues using camel routes builder

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
Yes - that’s what I’m suggesting.

Also, if all of the messages from the various outward.message.> queues are just forwarded to the same internal queue for processing, you could do this in the broker with a Composite Destination (http://activemq.apache.org/nms/activemq-virtual-destinations.html <http://activemq.apache.org/nms/activemq-virtual-destinations.html>) and avoid some of the overhead of the camel route.

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
Could you use a wildcard subscription on the initial consuming route?

Posted by Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com>.
Thanks for suggestion , unfortunately centralized queue not options ..  also
i have SAL with each customer and this will make some kind of bottleneck in
processing those messages ...

-----
Othman Darwish
ProgressSoft Corp.

Re: Consuming messages from hundred of AMQ queues using camel routes builder

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Since the data and logic seems to be the same, wouldn't it be possible
to ask all customers to put the messages on the same queue? Perhaps
seperate them via some header value? Makes it easier to handle from
activemq and camel side?

Posted by Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com>.
Hi souciance

The logic is the same