Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 15:02:23 UTC

Query and heap Size

In my system, the heap size (old generation) keeps growing up caused by
heavy traffic.
I have adjusted the size of young generation, but it does not work well.

Does anyone have any recommendation regarding this issue? - Solr
configuration and/or web.xml ...etc...

Thanks,

Jae

Re: Query and heap Size

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 12-Nov-07, at 6:02 AM, Jae Joo wrote:

> In my system, the heap size (old generation) keeps growing up
> caused by
> heavy traffic.
> I have adjusted the size of young generation, but it does not work
> well.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendation regarding this issue? - Solr
> configuration and/or web.xml ...etc...

Perhaps check your cache statistics on the admin gui. Is it possible
that you have set the capacity high and they are just filling up?

Another thing to look out for is if you tend to sort on many
different fields, but rarely.

-Mike