Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/07/30 13:59:29 UTC

Filtering HTML pages

Hi gang,

we are working on a project where one of the main goals is to provide a
filter for external web pages. The idea is that the client accesses the
"filter" running on a server and then receives HTML pages that have been
filtered according to certain rules.

One way of doing this is obviously running the pages through the html
generator in the cocoon pipeline and using stylesheets to alter the XHTML as
needed. The advantage being the flexibility and the use of caching.

Has anyone done this already or can perhaps suggest an alternative way of
doing this?

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

RE: Filtering HTML pages

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Klaus,

yes I meant using Tidy. We do this already but on a much lesser scale than
providing a proper "filter" solution.

Matthew

What's about the tidy software in the release?

I don't know the details of XHTML but it looks like that tidy is near this

Klaus

RE: Filtering HTML pages

Posted by Klaus Bertram <be...@n-bis.de>.
Hi Mattthew