Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl> on 2007/10/17 11:08:50 UTC

Struts 2 + tiles + displaytag export = firefox hang or exception

hi All,

Anyone has ran into the situation above? solutions?

I have the snippet below in my web.xml. I get no exceptions but firefox
hangs. If I flip the order i.e. struts 2 filter first and then
displaytag filter then I get an exception from displaytag complaining
about the lack of the filter ...

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
Exception: [.TableTag] Unable to reset response before returning
exported data. You are not using an export filter. Be sure that no other
jsp tags are used before display:table or refer to the displaytag
documentation on how to configure the export filter (requires j2ee 1.3).
    at org.displaytag.tags.TableTag.writeExport(TableTag.java:1438)
    at org.displaytag.tags.TableTag.doExport(TableTag.java:1364)
    at org.displaytag.tags.TableTag.doEndTag(TableTag.java:1215)

My setup:

displaytag 1.1.1
struts 2.0.9

TIA,
regards,
Giovanni

  <filter>
    <filter-name>ResponseOverrideFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>

  <filter>
    <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>ResponseOverrideFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>ResponseOverrideFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

Re: Struts 2 + tiles + displaytag export = firefox hang or exception

Posted by Yannick Haudry <yh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

This thread is almost one year old but I'm facing the exact same issue !
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@struts.apache.org/msg68104.html

Does anyone know how to solve it ?
Thanks
Yannick

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hi Leonard,

Tried your advice and it does not solve the problem ... :(

regards,
Giovanni

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hi Leonard,

*************************************

Posted by "LEONARD Julien (Consulting for ACCOR Hotels)" <ju...@consulting-for.accor.com>.
I have the same sthing in the web.xml and it works...
What do you have in the jsp before the display:table ?

I also tried removing the filer-mapping to JSP and having it like below but does not work either. The browser hangs (seems that the response is never sent back).

web.xml

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hi,

Posted by "LEONARD Julien (Consulting for ACCOR Hotels)" <ju...@consulting-for.accor.com>.
Try this in your web.xml:

<filter-mapping>

Posted by "LEONARD Julien (Consulting for ACCOR Hotels)" <ju...@consulting-for.accor.com>.
Sorry I didn't see that you had already put it.
In fact, maybe the response has been flushed before de display:table like it's explained here =>
http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/export_filter.html