Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Naresh Bhatia <NB...@sapient.com> on 2002/06/29 16:00:55 UTC

equals() and hashCode() methods generated by WSDL2Java

WSDL2Java generates equals() and hashCode() for every complexType.

1) What is the significance of these methods in the serialization framework?
Does bean (de)serialization depend on it?

2) If I am not using WSDL2Java, is it necessary for my beans to override
these methods? If yes, can I simplify the two methods by using the unique
key within my objects instead of considering every field?

Naresh Bhatia