Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bigcache1 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/08 19:21:07 UTC

Re: another java.lang.LinkageError (loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization)

I found the issue.
I was referencing the implementing class in the interface, which is to be
implemented.

Like:
interface MyInterface{
    public MyImplementation doSomething();
}
class MyImplementation implements MyInterface {
    public MyImplementation doSomething();
}

So it was entirely my fault.

Re: another java.lang.LinkageError (loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Saturday, September 8, 2012, bigcache1 wrote:

> I found the issue.
> I was referencing the implementing class in the interface, which is to be
> implemented.
>
> Like:
> interface MyInterface{
>     public MyImplementation doSomething();
> }
> class MyImplementation implements MyInterface {
>     public MyImplementation doSomething();
> }
>
> So it was entirely my fault.
>
> Interesting. What you are doing is unintentional, but valid. It would work
in vanilla Java, but Tapestry's class loading breaks it. Ideally, Tapestry
should identify this and generate a useful exception.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com