Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Asher Tarnopolski <ms...@mscc.huji.ac.il> on 2004/06/15 17:40:16 UTC

commons.dbcp abandoned connections

hi,

i use dbcp connection pooling in my projects. i've downloaded
the new commons-dbcp-1.2 and found out that AbandonedObjectPool
was deprecated. nothing was said about the reasons it was deprecated.
in the same time i've seen somewhere in wiki that
a bug in the abandoned connections tracking was found and fixed.

my question is if there is any new way to use abandoned connections
tracking, or i just have to remove removeAbandoned parameter until
the better days ?

thanks
asHer

Re: commons.dbcp abandoned connections

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Using removeAbandoned is not recommended but still supported just like
it was for 1.1. (the wiki has the details)

-- Dirk