Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Michael E. Locasto" <lo...@TCNJ.EDU> on 2001/06/27 20:17:45 UTC

load balancing workers admin tool

Hey all,

Are there any tomcat administration modules in the works
or do i have to build my own?

Specifically, I'm thinking about managing multiple JVM's/workers
for load balancing. I'd also like to be able to manage contexts
in a more secure manner than the current /admin context allows...

I know that most of this stuff is pretty simple administration of XML or
properties files but the server itself is in a 24x7 environment and can't
be taken down/restarted. Any administration would have to be a live
change.

Any information about an easy way to do these kind of things would be much
appreciated. I've been using the Tomcat environment and doing basic
configurations for a while now, but I'm a newbie at being an admin.

Thanks for reading,

-michael