Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/16 17:32:57 UTC

Example documents and geospatial

The example docs we distribute have a bunch of stores that have the exact
same location. That lead to some head scratching about why changing the
distance in the example queries seemed to make no difference in the number
of returned results then all of a sudden it reduced the number of hits
drastically.

Any objections to a patch that adds an arbitrary distance (say 1/4 mile or
so) to all of the stores in the example docs that have the same location?

If not, I'll put up a JIRA and attach a patch.

Erick

Re: Example documents and geospatial

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gr...@gmail.com>.
I don't think they are all the same, at least not in trunk.  I believe there are a few near San Fran, some near Buffalo, MN (my hometown ;-) ), and some in Oklahoma.  You can see this when you hit the /browse url.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Grant:

Yep, there were fewer than I remembered, but still half a dozen or so ...
but I remember way more than that (somehow 16 comes to mind)... so obviously
some gnome has been in there already... Not all of the ones I remember were
the same at all, but enough were that it was puzzling.

Erik:
Lake? Why should I care about a lake? Actually, I never even thought about
it, glad you pointed it out......

OK, I'll put up a patch today or tomorrow. Anybody want to apply the patch
for 2275 (whitespace in mm parameter causes parse exception)?

Erick

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.