Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> on 2006/12/06 07:37:44 UTC

Hindi Ofbiz....

Dear all ,

Has anyone tried to localization for non-Latin languages. Hindi e.g.

Just help me 1 page localization setup for Hindi. Rest my team will do the rest.

Hopefully we can try to open source the same to apache.

Anyone interested.

Chand
Computer Linguistics Evangalist.

Re: Hindi Ofbiz....

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Chandresh,

As far as I know there is nothing in Hindi right now and I don't much about it (if any).
But there are chinese files (like framework/common/config/CommonUiLabels_zh.properties), does it help ?

Of course I will be happy to commit your work. Here are some tips that may help you :

Install Eclipse IDE : http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
Install ResourceBundle Editor (RBE) see here : http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=EclipsePlugins
Install Subversion (svn) plugin in Eclipse aka Subclipse :  http://subclipse.tigris.org/
Link to the repository with Subclipse help : http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/svn.html
Make a project from this repository with Subclipse (Check Out)
At this point you should be able to do any translation with *ease* (RBE will create new *_hi_IN.properties.file automatically for
you)

Jacques

Re: Hindi Ofbiz....

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Take a look at this it should tell you how translations are done:
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/internationalizing_ofbiz.php

On Dec 5, 2006, at 11:33 PM, Raj Saini wrote:

> Chand,
>
> I am also interested in doing it and looking forward to start on it
> very soon. I will let you know when I have one or two page ready.
>
> Regards,
>
> Raj
>
> Chandresh Turakhia wrote:
>> Dear all ,
>>
>> Has anyone tried to localization for non-Latin languages. Hindi e.g.
>>
>> Just help me 1 page localization setup for Hindi. Rest my team
>> will do the rest.
>>
>> Hopefully we can try to open source the same to apache.
>>
>> Anyone interested.
>>
>> Chand
>> Computer Linguistics Evangalist.

Best Regards,