Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Adam L <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/15 21:37:39 UTC

Logging and spamassassin

I have been digging around and trying a variety of things, but I am
stumped on how to get spamassassin to log what emails it tags.  I get
logs of the spamd server starting up and shutting down, btu not of
messgaes it rewrites (I have an email address set to be marked as spam
and I send from it to test).  Any ideas what I am missing to do?

These are the variety of configs I have:

/etc/procmailrc
----------------------
DROPPRIVS=yes
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail/spam.log
VERBOSE=ON

:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamassassin

/etc/sysconfig/spamassassin
# Options to spamd
SPAMDOPTIONS="-s /var/log/spamd.log -d -c -m5 -H"

Re: Logging and spamassassin

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@ummm-beer.com>.
Adam L wrote:
> I have been digging around and trying a variety of things, but I am
> stumped on how to get spamassassin to log what emails it tags.  I get
> logs of the spamd server starting up and shutting down, btu not of
> messgaes it rewrites (I have an email address set to be marked as spam
> and I send from it to test).  Any ideas what I am missing to do?
>
> These are the variety of configs I have:
>
> /etc/procmailrc
> ----------------------
> DROPPRIVS=yes
> LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail/spam.log
> VERBOSE=ON
>
> :0fw
> | /usr/bin/spamassassin
>

> /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin
> # Options to spamd
> SPAMDOPTIONS="-s /var/log/spamd.log -d -c -m5 -H"

Hi,

Might help if you called spamc to connect to spamd instead of calling
spamassassin directly :)

Regards,

Rick