Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by "P.V.Anthony" <pv...@singnet.com.sg> on 2008/10/02 13:22:32 UTC

need help with 64bit Apache2::Request

Hi,

Currently I am just not able to get Apache2::Request to work on Gentoo
64bit linux.

Did an install libapreq2-2.08 and all compiled fine.

Did the following test using a simple perl script as follows,

perl test.pl

The contents of test.pl is as follows.

----------- start ------------------

use strict;

use Apache2::Request;

------------ end -------------------

Got the following error,

------------ start ----------------------

Can't load
'/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/
                                           Request/Apache2/Apache2.so'
for module APR::Request::Apache2: /usr/lib64/perl5/s

ite_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so:
un                                              defined symbol:
modperl_xs_sv2request_rec at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux
                                      -thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Apache2/Request.p
                                             m line 3
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-t
                     hread-multi/Apache2/Request.pm line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-lin
                 ux-thread-multi/Apache2/Request.pm line 3.
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 3.

-------------- end ----------------------

Next tried the same on a 32bit machine, all compiled fine and the
test.pl also worked without any error.

What am I doing wrong?

P.V.Anthony

Re:[Solved but] need help with 64bit Apache2::Request

Posted by ad...@utoronto.ca.
Quoting "P.V.Anthony" <pv...@singnet.com.sg>:
> Managed to solve the problem by using a different profile for gcc. Used
> the following gcc, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6-vanilla. Without the hardening.
>
> Now the question is, is this a bug for gentoo-hardened? Should it not
> work with gcc profile, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6, the hardened gcc?
>
> Please share your comments.

My guess would be yes, but that question would probably be better
asked of that team that maintains the hardened profile i guess.

adam

Re:[Solved but] need help with 64bit Apache2::Request

Posted by "P.V.Anthony" <pv...@singnet.com.sg>.
adam.prime@utoronto.ca wrote:

> My machines are not using hardened, and both have gcc 4.1.2 (gentoos
> 4.1.2 p1.1)  That line should actually be LoadModule, not Load Module too.

Thanks and noted.

> I have it running on an AMD BE-2350, and an AMD Turion MK-36.  Apache,
> mod_perl and libapreq are all built from source (not from portage).  I
> wouldn't think that it'd be gcc unless perhaps apache and libapreq were
> built with different version of gcc (which doesn't sound likely).

Managed to solve the problem by using a different profile for gcc. Used
the following gcc, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6-vanilla. Without the hardening.

Now the question is, is this a bug for gentoo-hardened? Should it not
work with gcc profile, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6, the hardened gcc?

Please share your comments.

P.V.Anthony

Re: need help with 64bit Apache2::Request

Posted by ad...@utoronto.ca.
Quoting "P.V.Anthony" <pv...@singnet.com.sg>:

> adam.prime@utoronto.ca wrote:
>> Do you have the LoadModule line in your httpd.conf on the 64bit install?
>>
>> Load Module apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so
>>
>> I've installed it fine on an amd64 on gentoo.
>
> This is great news. So I must be doing something wrong.
>
> The "Load Module apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so" line is in httpd.conf.
>
> I am using Gentoo Hardened amd64. The gcc is 3.4.6.
>
> What are the specs on your machine?
>
> Just did the same on a non-hardened gentoo amd64 and it works. The gcc
> on that machine is 4.1.2. Do you think it could be the version of gcc.

My machines are not using hardened, and both have gcc 4.1.2 (gentoos
4.1.2 p1.1)  That line should actually be LoadModule, not Load Module
too.

I have it running on an AMD BE-2350, and an AMD Turion MK-36.  Apache,
mod_perl and libapreq are all built from source (not from portage).  I
wouldn't think that it'd be gcc unless perhaps apache and libapreq
were built with different version of gcc (which doesn't sound likely).

Adam

Re: need help with 64bit Apache2::Request

Posted by "P.V.Anthony" <pv...@singnet.com.sg>.