Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Hubert Rabago <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/17 22:33:23 UTC

Re: Context attributes (was: Struts 2.0 Discussion Forum)

What about allowing Action objects to add the parameters themselves?  It adds a
great deal of flexibility, and doesn't limit the set of parameters that can be
used, nor does it require using the request or session attributes.

ActionForward forward = mapping.findForward("lookup");
forward.addParameter("param1","value1");
forward.addParameter("param2",2);
forward.addParameter("param3",3.0);
return forward;

Or maybe support for both (merge and addParameter).
This will also make bug 866 go away.