Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by santhosh venkat <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/03 02:14:16 UTC

Dependency injection and flink.

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate a dependency injection framework with flink. When I
searched the user-mailing list, I found the following thread in flink which
discussed this in the past:

Since the thread is around ~2 yrs old, I'm creating this request.

1. How do we expect users to integrate flink with a dependency injection
framework. Are there any hooks/entry-points that we can use to seamlessly
integrate a DI-fwk with flink? What does the community recommend for the
dependency injection integration?

2. Would it be possible to create the DI objects(say spring objects) at a
flink-task scope ? Or all these objects(say spring) from a dependency
injection fwk are expected to be created at a process(JM/TM) level?

Can someone please help answer the above questions and help me understand
the flink-guarantees better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Dependency injection and flink.

Posted by Arvid Heise <ar...@ververica.com>.
I'm answering your user ML mail. Please only ask your question once.

Dev ML is only used to coordinate Flink development, which kinda makes
sense in your case after we verified in your first thread that indeed Flink
should provide such things.

--

Arvid Heise | Senior Java Developer

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji
(Toni) Cheng