Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tracy Chow <Tr...@concur.com> on 2001/04/09 23:59:28 UTC

SOAP 2.1 authentication

Hello

I've seen some email postings regarding adding login and password fields
into the SOAP envelope header on the client side for authentication
purposes.  My question is, what is the best way to handle this situation on
the server side?  Or how about a custom authentication scheme?

You could modify some of the RPCRouterServlet code, but that makes upgrading
to future releases difficult.  You could also create a class that inherits
from the RPCRouterServlet class and put your changes in that one.  How are
other developers confronting this situation?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

RE: SOAP 2.1 authentication

Posted by "Mark A. Richman" <mr...@ispchannel.com>.
I have written my own Provider implementation that manages
authentication/authorization via JDBC. My article on this subject will be
published in the May 21 issue of Java Developer's Journal, as well as in my
upcoming Wrox Press book, "Web Objects", due out in September.

Regards,
Mark A. Richman
Empire Software, Inc.
Expert Software Development & Consulting

+ Internet/Intranet/Extranet
+ E-Commerce & B2B
+ Java, C/C++, Visual Basic
+ XML, SOAP, and Web Services