Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rafael <jc...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 05:36:44 UTC

I want to use replicated-leveldb-store for MQTT

I trying to configure activemq(ActiveMQ 5.9.0) server for HA(High
Availability).
I found that replicated leveldb store(
http://activemq.apache.org/replicated-leveldb-store.html
<http://activemq.apache.org/replicated-leveldb-store.html>  ).
So I tried to use above features for mqtt.
But I realized that mqtt client doesn't use url syntax like below.
*failover:(tcp://broker1:61616,tcp://broker2:61616,tcp://broker3:61616)*
The client library is https://github.com/fusesource/mqtt-client.

Is replicated-leveldb-store not for MQTT ?

Re: I want to use replicated-leveldb-store for MQTT

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Well, the store should get replicated properly... your question is
more around failover... and although the MQTT client does have
automatic retry for a single host, it may not have failover to
multiple hosts. You may have to override some methods to have a more
dynamic failover list in the mqtt client, or you would have to
implement failover yourself.

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM, rafael <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I trying to configure activemq(ActiveMQ 5.9.0) server for HA(High
> Availability).
> I found that replicated leveldb store(
> http://activemq.apache.org/replicated-leveldb-store.html
> <http://activemq.apache.org/replicated-leveldb-store.html>  ).
> So I tried to use above features for mqtt.
> But I realized that mqtt client doesn't use url syntax like below.
> *failover:(tcp://broker1:61616,tcp://broker2:61616,tcp://broker3:61616)*
> The client library is https://github.com/fusesource/mqtt-client.
>
> Is replicated-leveldb-store not for MQTT ?

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta