Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jeffrey Blattman <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/05 00:40:56 UTC

roller trunk, tomcat 6 + mail.jar

using my standard old roller.xml, on tomcat 6, even though the mail
resource setting is commented out in my roller.xml the roller webapp
fails to initialize if mail.jar is not present.

also interestingly, after installing mail.jar, the error message
complains about localhost, not the commented out mail.example.com in
roller.xml, so i do not think it's a case of tomcat 6 not honoring the
comments in roller.xml,

/javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host:
localhost, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1378)
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:399)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.getTransport(MailProvider.java:133)
/
so i wonder is tomcat 6 providing a default mail transport where it
didn't in 5.x?

thanks.

Re: roller trunk, tomcat 6 + mail.jar

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/4/07, Jeffrey Blattman <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.getTransport(MailProvider.java:133)
> /
> so i wonder is tomcat 6 providing a default mail transport where it
> didn't in 5.x?

I don't believe so. Take a look at our new MailProvider class to see
how we setup mail now in Roller 4.0.

- Dave