Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> on 2006/11/14 18:54:14 UTC

IRC, IM, etc. (was: Re: Maven build)

On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> From informal discussion, IRC, IM etc this morning that I want to
> reflect back onto the list  some of the informal comments. From
> these watercooler discussion it is clear to me that we don't have
> anyone with deep maven experience which is creating unease.

A point of order: having these offline discussions is not the way
things are supposed to happen. Reflecting them back to this list does
not make it right. You're having discussions about maven work without
inviting anyone with maven knowledge to the table, and then
implicitly forcing decisions based on those discussions back onto
this list.

Please keep important issues like this off IRC, IM, and such, and in
this mailing list, so that we can all participate.

--steve

P.S. If there actually is an informal Qpid IRC channel, can someone
point me to it? Also, it would be best to put the details on the wiki
if they're not already there.

Re: IRC, IM, etc. (was: Re: Maven build)

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.
Some of us can't use that from work.
Network security types have powerful network sniffers, and they do come
calling -- about 5 days to notice last time we tried it for the protocol
working group!

We can, however, use Jabber, AOL and Yahoo IM.... any way of getting Logged
IRC out of that mess?

john

Re: IRC, IM, etc.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Someone has created a qpid channel out at freenode.... there is little
-> no traffic on it.

Carl.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

Re: IRC, IM, etc.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
For some reason my posts are getting dropped or delayed. re-send.

Re: IRC, IM, etc.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Steve Vinoski wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>
>> From informal discussion, IRC, IM etc this morning that I want to
>> reflect back onto the list  some of the informal comments. From these
>> watercooler discussion it is clear to me that we don't have anyone
>> with deep maven experience which is creating unease.
>
> A point of order: having these offline discussions is not the way
> things are supposed to happen. Reflecting them back to this list does
> not make it right. You're having discussions about maven work without
> inviting anyone with maven knowledge to the table.
Not true.
> and then implicitly forcing decisions based on those discussions back
> onto this list.
Not true.