Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Andy Cutright <An...@borland.com> on 2004/12/10 20:19:02 UTC

RE: juddi and UDDI

hi,

can you please provide a little more information about what material you
can't find? jUDDI is UDDI registry implementation. it is meant to be
deployed into a servlet container such as tomcat. it can be accessed
using any UDDI 2.x standard client. i typically recommend the client
developed by IBM, uddi4j:

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/uddi4j/

to register a web service you must have an instance of jUDDI running
somewhere. this would be the first step you need to take. there are also
public UDDI registries, avaiable at Microsoft and IBM. these registeries
can be used for testing at no cost i believe.

if you'd like to run jUDDI, please take a look at the documentation and
wiki available at our website: http://ws.apache.org/juddi/

jUDDI would not be used to communicate with other registries, such as
those run by Microsoft or IBM. UDDI4J is the client.

there is a 'best practices' recommended standard for registering a web
service into a UDDI registry:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/bp/uddi-spec-tc-bp-us
ing-wsdl-v108-20021110.htm, although i believe there is newer version of
that document.

i'll try to post an example usage sometime later ...

cheers,
andy

  _____