Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gabriel Lozano <gh...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 04:20:50 UTC

Problems with Event listener

Hi

I'm trying to work with the eventListener but I just can't get just the
example to work. I have a page with the same code as the "Big brother is
watching you" example in the tapestry page. the html I have is this:

debugContainerId="dojoDebug">

and the .java this:

import org.apache.tapestry.annotations.EventListener;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.BrowserEvent;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageEvent;
import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage;

public abstract class Test extends BasePage {

    @EventListener(elements = "myFavoriteDiv", events = "onmouseover")
    public void watchText(BrowserEvent event)
    {
     // do something
     System.out.println("User clicked on x/y coordinates "
                        + event.getPageX() + "/" + event.getPageY());
    }

}

But nothing happends. But if I give a pageBeginRenderListener it gets
called. What am I doing wrong or what else should I do to get this working?
Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Gabriel H. Lozano M.