Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Venkat <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/10 05:08:57 UTC

Help needed on JAMES

Hi all

I just downloaded JAMES and installed successfully and its functionality
looks pretty impressive.  IMO this is another promising project under ASF
similar to Tomcat

Here I need a lil help from u guys.  My requirement is as below:

Everything works fine when i use telnet but when I use a POP3 client such as
Netscape Messenger/Outlook Express/Eudora, I need to mention pop3 and SMTP
Server name.  Even this works well when I mention machine name (say
xyz.abc.com) or IP in a LAN but the address remains as userName@machineName
instead of a Domain name such as abc.com

Where do I need to mention a DomainName such as abc.com in James.conf.xml (I
tried under <servername> but did not work) and how can I create users for
that particular domain say userName@abc.com

Any suggestion is highly appreciated

Thank you

Venkat

Town listserver

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Anyone like to suggest table structures, and configuration parameter
examples for this?

To my mind the big value of James is that it can integrate with servlets in
a P*ss easy way if it stores all its users, lists config and messages in a
database, which can be updated by other applications.

I'd like to see multiple domains handled in there somehow.

danny

Re: Help needed on JAMES

Posted by Venkat <ve...@yahoo.com>.
No Dear

u got it wrong

What i mean is if i send a mail  all@abc.com, it should send mail to all
mail user accounts registered at abc.com, any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Venkat

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.

RE: Help needed on JAMES

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
I want to know that too..
how to set up the listserve mentioned in the docs, and how to set up
database user repositories using Linux/MySQL

anyone actually done this successfully in line with the docs?(even just a
simple yes or no will help guide my experiments)

danny

Re: Help needed on JAMES

Posted by Venkat <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All

from the archives I am able to find a workaround to my problem

Now I need to know how do i send a message to a group of receipients and how

RE: Help needed on JAMES

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
servername is the correct place to put domain names, Ozzy & diego have been
talking about correctly handling multiple domains