Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joel McConaughy <jo...@displayware.com> on 2004/06/06 20:07:48 UTC

[cforms] How to add tag attributes that contain ?

I want to create anchor tags in my form template that contain widget
values like the following:

This produces the following error:

The value of attribute "href" associated with an element type "a" must
not contain the '<' character

Is there a way to do this within the template itself of do I need to add
an xslt transform and use  <xsl:attribute>?

Thanks.

Re: [cforms] How to add tag attributes that contain ?

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Joel McConaughy wrote:

> I want to create anchor tags in my form template that contain widget
> values like the following:

> This produces the following error:
>
> The value of attribute "href" associated with an element type "a" must
> not contain the '<' character

indeed, the result of what you typed doesn't pass the xml wellformedness
test

> Is there a way to do this within the template itself of do I need to add
> an xslt transform and use  <xsl:attribute>?

'fraid so.

here is what i recently did for showing a mail-address value as a
mailto: -link

in the template: you add

<ft:widget id="email"><fi:styling type="email" /></ft:widget>

plus you provide your own field-styling xslt that
1/ inherits from the existing styling by importing

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                 xmlns:fi="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#instance"
                 exclude-result-prefixes="fi">

   <xsl:import
href="context://samples/blocks/forms/resources/forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl"
/>

and
2/ provide custom styling for these email-output styles

   <!--
      | this adds a fi:styling type="email" to widgets of type output
      | it will produce a mailto: href around them
      -->
   <xsl:template match="fi:output[fi:styling/@type='email']">
   </xsl:template>

(notice: the above uses the {} shorthand notation over the more puristic
<xsl:attribute> but it pretty much boils down to the same thing

HTH,
-marc=