Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Roger Menday <r....@fz-juelich.de> on 2006/08/09 10:05:45 UTC

bpel, routing, etc

Hi,

I am looking at the bpe component.

I would like a routing component to do all the routing of  messages
coming out of the BPEL engine, instead of doing it in the bpel. i.e.
letting the NMR take care of it, using some content based routing
component.

So, I suppose I could have all my <bpel:invokes ..> always sending to
the router ... but, well, if they all go via the router, is it possible
to simplify the <bpel:invokes ..>

If set the destinationService of the BPEL component to my router. The
BPEL engine then doesn't do routing, but does control the ordering, etc
of messages leaving it - it just sends out and receives XML.

The thing is then - I think - I don't need (and don't want) the
operation and porttype attributes on the <bpel:invoke ... >, but I was
trying that, and BPE doesn't allow these to be omitted.

Does that all make sense / is possible ?

thanks !

Roger

Re: bpel, routing, etc

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,Roger --

> So, I suppose I could have all my <bpel:invokes ..> always sending to
> the router ... but, well, if they all go via the router, is it possible
> to simplify the <bpel:invokes ..>

Not really; you still have to tell the BPEL engine (BPE, ODE, PXE,
etc.) where to send the messages explicitly, and the same goes for
portType and operation parameters.

If you really want to collapse all of your endpoints and types
together, it sounds like you're asking more for BPEL + POX, which
could be done but is different than what you're asking.  You'd still
have to specify the single type, operation, and endpoint.

Make sense?

--
paulrbrown@gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/