Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by TSANG Yiu Wing <yw...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/21 12:30:39 UTC

how to cache the html output of a panel?

any hint that can help to apply caching on the html output of a panel?

the panel is dynamic in nature, no ajax, i.e. stateless by itself, and
is unique per url but needs some time to generate
so i want to cache the html output of this panel

Re: how to cache the html output of a panel?

Posted by Martin Sachs <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you can cache fragments of HTML (if it has no generated html-ids) with a
Behaviour. Look at XlstBehaviour. We have done it that way. But the
bottlenekk is always the Database, not the rendering of small components. By
the way, with such snipplet-caching you can improve the performance max 1,5
times. The fact is, if you can cache html which needs many db requests you
can save much time.

Martin

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by ywtsang <yw...@gmail.com>.