Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2006/12/30 13:12:46 UTC

Re: New FOP release: FOP 0.93

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:02:06PM +0100, Simon Pepping wrote:
> As discussed recently, I will prepare a release of FOP, to be named
> 0.93.

I have committed fixes for the reported issues with the dist files. I
have also fixed a few other issues I discovered. I have added a few
important changes to the release note, and I have reset the target
release date to 9 January 2007.

I have tested the generated source and bin dist files. I could rebuild
the dist target from the source dist. I have run the junit tests on
the bin dist, after some fiddling with the targets in the Ant build
file. I got one failure:

    [junit] Testcase: color_1.xml(org.apache.fop.layoutengine.LayoutEngineTestSuite$1):	Caused an ERROR
    [junit] Expected XPath expression to evaluate to 'fop-rgb-icc(1.0,0.5,0.0,sRGB,"../../../src/java/org/apache/fop/pdf/sRGB Color Space Profile.icm",1.0,0.5,0.0)', but got '#ff8000' (XPath: //block[4]//text/@color)

which may be due to its dependence on a file in the src directory,
which is not included in the bin dist.

Please, test the current state of the branch
xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_93 as a release candidate. See the
commit message for the exact changes w.r.t. the rejected release. For
your convenience I have uploaded one source dist file and one bin dist
file, see http://people.apache.org/~spepping/.

I intend to generate the dist files and start a vote on the release
somewhere mid next week.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: New FOP release: FOP 0.93

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Simon Pepping a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:02:06PM +0100, Simon Pepping wrote:
>> As discussed recently, I will prepare a release of FOP, to be named
>> 0.93.
>
> I have committed fixes for the reported issues with the dist files. I
> have also fixed a few other issues I discovered. I have added a few
> important changes to the release note, and I have reset the target
> release date to 9 January 2007.
>
> I have tested the generated source and bin dist files. I could rebuild
> the dist target from the source dist. I have run the junit tests on
> the bin dist, after some fiddling with the targets in the Ant build
> file. I got one failure:
>
>     [junit] Testcase: color_1.xml(org.apache.fop.layoutengine.LayoutEngineTestSuite$1):	Caused an ERROR
>     [junit] Expected XPath expression to evaluate to 'fop-rgb-icc(1.0,0.5,0.0,sRGB,"../../../src/java/org/apache/fop/pdf/sRGB Color Space Profile.icm",1.0,0.5,0.0)', but got '#ff8000' (XPath: //block[4]//text/@color)
>
> which may be due to its dependence on a file in the src directory,
> which is not included in the bin dist.
>
> Please, test the current state of the branch
> xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_93 as a release candidate. See the
> commit message for the exact changes w.r.t. the rejected release. For
> your convenience I have uploaded one source dist file and one bin dist
> file, see http://people.apache.org/~spepping/.

Hmmm, I was planning to work a bit on Fop during holidays, but obviously
I haven't found the time... I'll get back to work on the release from
next Tuesday on.
Too bad, that fop.bat problem. But well, such problems always appear in
computer science. Thanks for your great work for the release, anyway.

Vincent