Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kalidoss <ka...@sifycorp.com> on 2009/11/20 16:18:18 UTC

Re: Upgrade to solr 1.4

Even i want to upgrade from v1.3 to 1.4

I did 1.3 index directory replace with 1.4 and associated schema changes
in that. Its throwing lot of exception like datatype mismatch with
Integer, String, Date, etc.  Even the results are coming with some error
example: "<str
name="Alias">ERROR:SCHEMA-INDEX-MISMATCH,stringValue=14903346</str>"

Is there any tool/notes to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4? on Data and schema
data types etc?

Please suggest us.

-Kalidoss.m,

Walter Underwood wrote:
> We are using the script replication. I have no interest in spending time
> configuring and QA'ing a different method when the scripts work fine.
>
> We are running the nightly from 2009-05-11.
>
> wunder
>
> On 6/26/09 8:51 AM, "Shalin Shekhar Mangar" <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Walter Underwood
>> <wu...@netflix.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Netflix is running a nightly build from May in production. We did our
>>> normal QA on it, then ran it on one of our five servers for two weeks.
>>> No problems. It is handling about 10% more traffic with 10% less CPU.
>> Wow, that is good news! Are you also using the java based replication?
>>
>>> We deployed 1.4 to all our servers yesterday.
>> Can you tell us which revision you used?

Get your world in your inbox!

Mail, widgets, documents, spreadsheets, organizer and much more with your Sifymail WIYI id!
Log on to http://www.sify.com

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com

Re: Upgrade to solr 1.4

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:26 AM, kalidoss
<ka...@sifycorp.com> wrote:
> In version 1.3 EventDate field type is date, In 1.4 also its date But we are
> getting the following error.

Use the schema you had with 1.3 and it should work.  The example
schemas are not backward compatible with an index built with the
previous version.

"date" in the 1.3 example schema mapped to DateField, but TrieDateField in 1.4.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Upgrade to solr 1.4

Posted by kalidoss <ka...@sifycorp.com>.
In version 1.3 EventDate field type is date, In 1.4 also its date But we
are getting the following error.

<str
name="EventDate">ERROR:SCHEMA-INDEX-MISMATCH,stringValue=2008-05-16T07:19:28</str>

-kalidoss.m,