Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2013/05/07 17:37:46 UTC

Why is bp-core exporting org.osgi.service.blueprint?

Can anyone tell me why blueprint-core is exporting an org.osgi.service.blueprint package?   First off, I don't think it should be exporting any org.osgi packages at all as those should be in the api bundle.   Second, that package isn't even part of the spec.  There should be blueprint/container and blu[eprint/reflect (both from the api bundle).

Anyway, it's causing issues cause if I have blueprint-core on the classpath (to create namespace handlers), the bundle-plugin is adding an import to  org.osgi.service.blueprint  which doesn't exist if using Gemini.

I'd like to remove it from the exports, but I have a feeling that will trigger a "major version" bump.  :-(

--
Daniel Kulp

RE: Why is bp-core exporting org.osgi.service.blueprint?

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
This is a known bug in Gemini blueprint. I'm sure that the Eclipse team would love a patch, I don't think they do a huge amount of maintenance on their blueprint implementation at the moment with the whole SpringSource/VMware/Pivotal thing happening.
Regards

Tim Ward
Apache Aries PMC member & Enterprise OSGi advocate
Enterprise OSGi in Action (http://www.manning.com/cummins)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
121.13.5