Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2009/10/07 22:46:53 UTC

How to enhance the generated wsdl definition in java2ws?

Currently I generate WSDLs from java code like described in the
following article:
http://www.liquid-reality.de:8080/display/liquid/2008/08/20/Defining+Contract+first+webservices+by+generating+wsdl+from+java

The WSDL misses some settings though. As I want to use the WSDL with
Tibco Businessworks and SOAP/JMS the WSDL needs a special port and
binding that configures things like
jndi connectionfactory name and queue name. Currently I have a second
maven plugin that reads the wsdl file into a wsdl definition adds the
port and then saves again. Is it possible to enhance the definition when
calling java2ws from maven?

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: How to enhance the generated wsdl definition in java2ws?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed October 7 2009 4:46:53 pm Christian Schneider wrote:
> Currently I generate WSDLs from java code like described in the
> following article:
> http://www.liquid-reality.de:8080/display/liquid/2008/08/20/Defining+Contra
> ct+first+webservices+by+generating+wsdl+from+java
>
> The WSDL misses some settings though. As I want to use the WSDL with
> Tibco Businessworks and SOAP/JMS the WSDL needs a special port and
> binding that configures things like
> jndi connectionfactory name and queue name. Currently I have a second
> maven plugin that reads the wsdl file into a wsdl definition adds the
> port and then saves again. Is it possible to enhance the definition when
> calling java2ws from maven?

If you look in the distribution's bin directory, there is a wsdl2service
utility that can be used to provide a service in a wsdl with a bunch of
params.   Not sure how usable it is for you, but may be a good starting point.

That said, my NORMAL preference for these types of things is to use java2ws to
generate a wsdl of some sort, but have my own wsdl that imports that generated
wsdl, but defines my own service element with my own params.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org