Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2020/05/28 14:48:39 UTC

[VOTE] move o.a.s.graphql.samples.website to its own repo

Hi,

I'd like to move the org.apache.sling.graphql.samples.website [1]
module to its own Git repository.

It's a companion module to the GraphQL Core module, which demonstrates
its features, see the README there for more info.

Proposed repository name:

  org.apache.sling.graphql.sample.website

(using singular "sample" as it's "a sample website")

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1

-Bertrand

[1] https://github.com/apache/sling-whiteboard/tree/master/org.apache.sling.graphql.samples.website

Re: [VOTE] move o.a.s.graphql.samples.website to its own repo

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2020-05-29 at 18:59 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 4:21 PM Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> > ...you're right that if my code
> > has no need for a Jenkins build for example that's good enough...
>
> Turns out that a build is already setup for
> https://github.com/apache/sling-samples/ - I just fixed it by
> removing
>  the "fling" failing module.

Ah ok :-) The only drawbacks that I see is that releases of modules
from samples are harder, but IIRC we did one for slingshot. Anyway,
it's always easy to move it to its own repo, if we decide to do that.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: [VOTE] move o.a.s.graphql.samples.website to its own repo

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 3:40 PM Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...You probably considered this, but I am curious - why a separate
> repository vs adding it to sling-samples [2]?...

I didn't really consider that so far but you're right that if my code
has no need for a Jenkins build for example that's good enough.

I'll probably be too lazy to write tests for that code so I'll move
there for now, thanks for the suggestion!

-Bertrand

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Bertrand,