Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Beer <pa...@backsoft.com> on 2001/07/09 22:54:55 UTC

struts w/ej

i have followed some old threads about this but see no resolution to how to
map the struts form bean to EJB value objects; they all seem to allude to a
mysterious an non-existent struts 1.1.  is it recommended to do validation
from within the form bean and then create a value object w/the data for the
EJB or to do the validation in the value object?  Seems like duplicate work
to create a form bean and a value object for an ejb, but if you dont , then
the html form is dangerously coupled with the functioning of the EJB which I
am trying to avoid in my application design.  Can people give some real
world examples of this ?  And on a technical note, if you use the struts
form bean to instantiate and populate a value object how is it passes to the
action?  are people just putting it in the http session ?  sample code would
be helpful.

-paul

Re: struts w/ej

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
I'm not sure when other ppl do but I create a form bean which takes the value
object in the constructor and delegates.  That way its easy to update the
bean with a bulk setter.

cheers
dim